NYU’s Steinhardt School of Culture Education & Human Development invites talented scholars of color and others underrepresented in the Academy who are completing their PhD, EdD, or other relevant terminal degree to apply to participate in Faculty First-Look (FFL). Faculty First-Look provides a glimpse into what it takes to prepare for future faculty careers, particularly in disciplines and field represented within the Steinhardt School.
Faculty First-Look participants will have the opportunity to engage with NYU Steinhardt Deans, Faculty, and Postdocs to:
- Learn best practices to prepare for the faculty recruitment, application, interview and selection process;
- Learn how to write compelling application cover letters, research and teaching statements, and CVs;
- Learn best practices for delivering an effective Job Talk or Presentation;
- Learn best practices for cultivating job prospects, with how to negotiate job offers, and how to decide what position is right for you;
- Learn best practices for how to use digital/social media platforms to increase scholarly visibility as you enter the job market;
- Learn about NYU’s Postdoctoral Programs; and
- Receive access to continuous faculty development opportunities. Participants will also have the unique opportunity to formally and informally network with, and present their scholarly work to NYU faculty, postdocs, and graduate students working in their fields of study, meet prospective faculty mentors and receive 1:1 consultation about their career plans.
Eligible participants include doctoral/terminal degree candidates working in fields represented among Steinhardt’s faculty, departments and research centers. Interested candidates must submit the following (as individual documents) by July 22, 2017. For more information click here.